Happy Thursday!! I hope that everyone is enjoying their week. We are working OVERTIME to meet the wants, needs, dreams, desires, objectives that you have been asking for. We have every intention to highlight and promote businesses as best we can, and celebrate your beliefs on diversity.
Fortunately, the team at Salesforce has been working day and night to support Open For Service’s mission. It’s not easy to build a mobile app – but they have done some AMAZING things for us in a short amount of time. I can’t thank them enough for everything they do.
We have a team of volunteers working on your submissions to update and streamline information so the mobile app will work better. Right now we are manually updating things like:
· Location (We are grabbing Google Place ID’s for your business, so the map will load faster)
· Logos (Who doesn’t love a logo?)
· Industry (If you are hungry, we want you to be able to search for restaurants)
· Hours/Contact Information (Important Information)
· Social Media URL’s (Our advocates want to thank you on social media, so why not do it through the app?)
· Online Business Directory (How can we support our online merchants effectively?)
It’s an extremely short list of all the things we are grabbing as we manually update your information. We have over 5,000 registered businesses and new ones sign up ALL THE TIME (Which makes me so happy J).
If you do not have a Google Place ID – I would highly recommend getting one. It’s great for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and exponentially increases the ease of finding information on your business.
It’s important to me to make sure that our audience can find you and continue to be a part of this amazing community that we have built. I want to make sure that we keep costs low and find new ways for you to promote and get people to become customers/clients/patients/etc.
At the end of this month, we plan to start testing a new component to the mobile app that will also be a cool new way of celebrating each other. I promise you that everyone is so important to us and the success of our organization – and please always feel free to email us at email@example.com.